Guru's bytes

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Power vs. Grace ?
I had picked New Zealand to win against Sri Lanka.
Mr. Bond didn't show up.

I had also backed South Africa to stop the Aussie streak.
The whole team didn't show up.

So the cricket WC finals is going to be played between Sri Lanka and Australia :)
Both the semi-final games were decided even before the start of the second innings, there has been just 2 matches that went to the wire this World Cup. May be 3 if you count the Ireland vs. Zimbabwe match!

I just hope atleast the finals turn out to be a nail biter. This match up in the finals is what everyone [else] expected and wanted to see - the ruthless Aussie power against the grace and charm of lankans. I think it will come down to the magician's spell. If Murali can get a 35 for 3 and the under-rated Vaas has a decent outing, I bet Australia will have a tough job on their hand. And yeah, the Sri Lankan batters also need to turn up for the game unlike the South Africans.

May be I should back Australia. May be I can stop the Aussie juggernaut ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger ROCKET said...

"May be I should back Australia. May be I can stop the Aussie juggernaut ;)"....
Yeah Plz do that....We need to learn from our mistakes ....Remember people/teams have never performed well when we backed them....or hmmmm...vice versa?? be it 'Saurav' or 'Nadal' or the 'Spurs'..:):)

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home